top of page
JOIN OUR BOARD/COMMITTEE
You belong in our class!
EXPECTATIONS OF THE BOARD AS A WHOLE
The mission of Feed the Mass is to Empower Through Food. As the highest leadership body of the organization and to satisfy its fiduciary duties, the board is responsible for:
• Determining the mission and purposes of the organization.
• Selecting and evaluating the performance of the executive director.
• Strategic and organizational planning.
• Ensuring strong fiduciary oversight and financial management.
• Fundraising and resource development.
• Approving and monitoring Feed the Mass programs and services.
• Enhancing Feed the Mass public image.
• Assessing its performance as the governing body of Feed the Mass.
EXPECTATIONS OF INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS
Each member is expected to:
• Know the organization’s mission, policies, programs, and needs.
• Faithfully read and understand the organization’s financial statements.
• Serve as active advocates and ambassadors for the organization and fully engage in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for Feed the Mass to advance its mission.
• Leverage connections, networks, and resources to develop collective action to fully achieve Feed the Mass’s mission.
• Give, or get a meaningful financial donation.
• Help identify personal connections that can benefit the organization’s fundraising and reputational standing and can influence public policy.
•Prepare for, attend, and conscientiously participate in board meetings every month.
• Participate fully in one or more committees.
Benefits of being a part of our team.
• Career experience and connections to local businesses
• Five Free cooking classes a month
• Possible career placement with the organization
• Hands-on training with business, nonprofit, cooking, and nutrition education.
bottom of page